Feature presenters invited - Developing Northern Australia Conference
27 February 2017
or organisations interested in submitting a presentation for the Developing
Northern Australia Conference are invited to submit an abstract of no more than
300 words outlining the aims, contents and conclusions of their paper or
Speakers are encouraged to submit an abstract on the following focus topics:
- Business opportunities: Indigenous engagement, digital and remote technologies, young entrepreneurs, reducing red tape, supporting SMEs
- Food and agribusiness: new models for food and agribusiness development, securing investment in food and agribusiness, innovation and leadership in agri-food production, developing trade and strategic links
- Healthcare, medical research and aged care: research, development and innovation
- Infrastructure: strategic thinking in transport networks, beef roads - cattle supply chain, towards a northern infrastructure plan, integrating rail, air services and ports, Indigenous procurement
International education: outlook and northern investment opportunities, innovation in the education sector
- Land and water: regional approaches to development planning, navigating flexible land tenure options, sustainable options for developing water harvest and supply, integrated land, water and infrastructure development, issues surrounding forestry
- Resources and energy: energy futures for northern Australia, securing new investment in energy, energy research and development, governance and policy for the energy sector
- Tourism and hospitality: rethinking place-based approaches to destination development, support for small business in the tourism sector, new tourism sector development opportunities
- Workforce: backpackers, seasonal and local workforce development options, industry workforce needs, development of structured migration plans, securing indigenous employment opportunities.
Some featured presenters for the 2017 Developing Northern Australia Conference have been confirmed:
- Ms Hurriyet Babacan, CEO, Tablelands Regional Council
- Mr Mark Coffey, Head, Office of Northern Australia
- Mr Philip Davies, CEO, Infrastructure Australia
- Ms Tracey Hayes, CEO, Northern Territory Cattlemans Association
- Mr Bernard Salt, Writer, Speaker, Business Advisor and Media Commentator
- Ms Sharon Warburton, Chair, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility.
For your chance to address delegates at the conference, submit your presentation abstract online by Monday 6 March 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact the conference secretariat.